Last week was a transition week to take breath, some fresh air after the exams week... and now we are back again into the sustis wave. However, it was not an idle week. We lived the stressful and maybe painful for some of us- process of group formation for our Strategic Management projects. My insight was that if we want to create a learningful and safe environment for everybody in our community we should be willing to give and receive honest feedback, as well as open to work with people with different styles.
I am discovering the power of webinars. Last week we were inspired by Bob Willard and his valuable tips to approach the business world using their language, finding out their business case for sustainability. We met Göran Carstedt again on Monday. Yesterday we held a webinar with Pong Leung, principal advisor of TNS Canada. Today we met Richard Blume, from TNS international, who explained us about how to co-create a vision, ( core ideology / values) , strategic goals, BHAGoals...
My ESS topic (Engeneering for a Sustainable Society) will be Street lights. We will present our final project poster at the Malmö World Trade Center, the Greenest WTC in the world. Check this amazing video to understand how it was designed and built up.
My STM (Strategic Management) project will be focused on helping Mondragon Team Academy to foster Sustainability in their Business School at Mondragon University.
I am also starting to think about potential thesis topics:
- Best practices from mining companies in community relations
- An intercultural approach to environmental conflicts in mountain areas
- Ecotourism as an empowerment strategy for local communities in mountain areas
- Applying the FSSD to Wilderness areas strategic management
- From Social Entrepreneurship to Sustainable business model based networks
- Sustainability in Higher Education
- Fostering sustainability into clusters: a multi-stakeholder approach
- + ideas??